This site is Herman Miller’s first foray into direct-to-consumer commerce.With accessible and detailed product information, it provides consumers with the same level of sophistication and personalized service the iconic brand is recognized for in its retail partners.
Beyond shopping, the site allows consumers to explore product concepts, meet the designers, and discover the behind-the-scenes inspiration it takes to produce some of the world’s most exciting home products.
The main navigation offers drill-down from product category to specific product detail pages, enabling visitors to easily understand what’s available and get to product pages quickly. Visitors can browse through products within a category (Seating, Desks & Tables, Storage, Lighting & Accessories) and Shop by Room and Shop by Designer.
• This was a year-long collaboration between Hello Design and Herman Miller.
• A promotional campaign—the online contest Design for You—led up to the store launch.
• The online store is integrated with the overall Herman Miller Web experience, providing users with rich design stories behind each piece of furniture and a place to purchase them.
• Each product has a design story so users can learn about the design inspiration and thinking behind the product. Users can configure product options and see changes to the product and pricing on-the-fly.
• Hello partnered with architectural photographer Juergen Nogai to communicate a visual language for the brand and its furniture through inspiring spaces.
• The thousands of images throughout the site include product galleries, configurator images, fabric/finish options and product sketches and early prototype photos.
// From our friends at Communication Arts